Y13 Career Opportunity
We are looking for a Development Coordinator to provide support to the Creative Director, (alongside his PA) and the Development team.
Your tasks will include:
- coordinating development taster shoots
- arranging meetings with broadcasters, commissioners and talent
- maintaining detailed logs of development projects and leading on arrangements for national and international TV markets and conferences.
You will be dealing with a wide range of people, both internally and externally, including broadcasters, commissioners, talent, and the Icon Films senior management team.
This exciting role will have you coordinating the inner workings of TV production development with an established Bristol TV company, celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2020.
• Support and proactively manage conflicting calls on the Development Department’s time and prioritise meetings accordingly
• Communicate on a regular basis with the relevant personnel, particularly the PA to the Creative Director, to ensure optimal diary management
• Proactively plan external meetings
• Proactively be aware of, and engage with, key deadlines and tasks required of the Development Department and ensure they have scheduled time
to complete these tasks
• Organise weekly Development meetings, take minutes and ensure all arising points are actioned
• Ensure the Development Department are aware of upcoming commissioner meetings and are fully prepared
• Lead on, organise, and coordinate festival and conference schedules and supply supporting materials
• Provide research on broadcasters, channels, industry intelligence etc. and prepare the agenda (POTRS) as necessary for meetings
• Maintain a detailed and accurate log of the status of all projects in development, including who the projects have been sent to, the dates, the replies
and the actions
• Collate information for monthly reports on meetings and calls with commissioners and broadcasters
• Format documents and treatments
• Coordinate and oversee the design of treatments
• Establish, maintain and manage a broad range of relationships internally and externally
• Set up meetings and calls with potential talent/contributors, in line with the development strategy
• Coordinate development taster shoots – create the production booklet and support the PM and director in writing the risk assessment and sending
on to the necessary signees.
• Coordinate tasks for the Development Department work experience morning on a weekly basis
• Manage four Development Department FairFX bank cards, ensuring they are topped up regularly and reconciled on a monthly basis
• Support producers with development research when needed
• Manage the Development Department’s annual leave, ensuring they are booked appropriately in line with the department’s needs; manage other
Essential knowledge, qualities and experience:
• A passion for, and understanding, of the television industry
• Ability to adapt and anticipate problems
• Research skills
• Eye for detail
• Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards colleagues
• Possessing common sense
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of IT literacy, particularly with Microsoft Outlook
• Calm under pressure
If you can offer all of the above and more, apply for this role by sending your CV with a covering letter stating why you are the best candidate for this role and where you first saw the advert.
Interested? Next steps...