Y13 Career Opportunity
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to the Commercial Director and the Creative Director, who will also provide support to the Commercial and Development teams.
The Commercial Director is responsible for the company's business strategy, and for looking after key commercial relationships; the Creative Director is responsible for overseeing projects in development, finding new talent and developing new ideas, and maintaining relationships with broadcasters and commissioners.
This exciting role will have you working in both the creative and commercial aspects of television production with an established Bristol TV company, celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2020.
• Provide PA support and diary management for the Commercial Director and Creative Director
• Understand and proactively manage conflicting calls on the Commercial Director and Creative Director’s time and prioritise meetings accordingly
• Ensure the Commercial Director and Creative Director are prepped for all meetings, internal and external, and arrive in a timely manner
• Proactively be aware of, and engage with, key deadlines and tasks required of the Commercial Director and Creative Director and assist her/him in
scheduling time to complete these tasks
• Liaise with production staff when the Creative Director is Executive Producing to ensure that all viewings, script meetings, kick off meetings are
diarised in advance
• Arrange the international and domestic festival and conference schedules by setting up meetings and organising transport and accommodation
• Format and print market/conference handbooks for international markets
• Organise trips in the UK including transport and meeting schedules
• Discrete research tasks to aid preparation for meetings e.g on broadcasters, channels, industry intelligence etc
• Monthly expenses reconciliation
• Field telephone calls and enquiries
• Personal support as may be required such as lunch/tea making/personal errands
• Any other duties as they arise, as directed by the Commercial Director, Creative Director and day-to-day line-manager
Essential knowledge, qualities and experience:
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Interest in the business of television production
• Organised and confident
• Flexible with the ability to adapt and anticipate problems
• Practical approach to problem solving
• Eye for detail
• Compassionate, personable, enthusiastic and attentive
• Good manager of one’s own time
• Possessing common sense
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
• High level of IT literacy
• Calm under pressure
If you can offer all of the above and more, apply for this role by sending your CV with a covering letter stating why you are the best candidate for this role and where you first saw the advert.
Interested? Next steps...