Y13 Career Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Runner to join the team. As a Runner you will be an integral part of keeping the business operating smoothly, whilst also having an immersive insight to all aspects of television production.
A Runner is required to have a flexible approach to work, and to be a hard worker, willing to do whatever is required of them. You will be paired with a mentor working in your chosen area, who will guide and support you during the early months in your television career.
Runner contracts are initially for 6 months and may be extended for a further 3 months, after which you will be supported to progress into your desired role, whether that’s at the company, with another production company or in another field entirely.
The responsibilities of the Runner include:
• Greeting visitors in a professional and welcoming manner, and dealing with enquiries
• Answering the telephone, transferring calls and taking accurate messages
• Keeping the office, particularly Front of House, ordered, clean and welcoming
• Providing refreshments for meetings and visitors as required and clearing meetings rooms in a timely manner
• Supporting production teams as directed
• Acting at all times as an ambassador
Skills required of a Runner:
• Enthusiasm for the role and an interest in working hard to get a foot on the TV production career ladder
• Calm under pressure
• Flexible approach, able to prioritise and cope with last minute changes
• Common sense
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good team player
• Graphics/design experience including with Photoshop and InDesign would be useful
Runners work in alternate shifts (7:30-16:30; 09:00-18:00; 11:00-20:00) with responsibility for opening the offices at the start of the day, covering Front of House and closing down and securing the offices at the end of the day.
Interested? Next steps...